Monday 25 February 2008

this thing called tartan...

What is this thing I have about wearing tartan? Here I am in my tartan trousers and it was some years later that I remember owning the wild and wonderful tartan duffle coat! I remember ordering it from Auntie Elsie's Catalogue and I loved it! I guess it was my sheltered upbringing that did it! Years of having to wear big green knickers, a silly grey hat and clarks shoes at a girls school obviously gave me a sludgy, pond-dweller complex and made me want to break out of the mould in style. So, what did I do...? The wild child in me yearned to wear something that was brightly coloured, a big fashion statement that would show my true colours and look outrageous - mmm, bring on the tartan duffle coat! Oh how you wish i had a photograph of that too! NOT...! And what's with the grumpy face...? Just goes to prove that grumpy little people can grow up to be sweet-talking, pretty, smiley girls! x

No comments: