Monday 11 January 2010

Apricots and anti-freeze...!

I love driving but I could happily live without all the fiddly jobs that come with being a car owner. Like filling it up with petrol... Who on earth came up with the idea of unmanned pumps, doh?! No doubt a man, humph! How much nicer and simpler would it be to drive in, smile sweetly and have some young hunk fill my car up with petrol. I wouldn't even mind if pumps were manned by pretty girls just for the men. At least I wouldn't have to stand out in the cold wrestling with a blooming rubber pipe and watching some silly meter clocking up a small fortune! Then there's the windscreen washer water thingummy that just drinks anti-freeze at this time of the year. The roads are so dirty and salty that my windscreen needs cleaning every two minutes. I'm sure they put in that flashing light just to annoy me. I know it does it to remind me that I need more water but it seems to flash more than it's off at the moment. As for the anti-freeze, I get through gallons of the stuff in this weather. Of course, so does everyone else which is why I couldn't find any tonight. Thankfully, Lisa had some stashed away in her cupboard; it's like Aladdin's cave in there! So I mixed my own in an empty coke bottle! I'll be taking my apricots to work tomorrow in my happy car ;-)

No comments: