Friday 1 January 2010

My New Year’s Honors List for 2010

If the Queen can do it....... so can I! It’s time to stop, catch my breath and celebrate the many achievements and special people who have touched my life in 2009.

My TOP Award
My mother receives an EBM (extraordinarily best mum) award for her supporting role in the epic real life drama that has been unfolding this year. My mom always smiles and whistles under all circumstances! She is strong, patient and fair and like her mother before her, she is a very remarkable woman. I’m giving her this award on behalf of all her amazingly wonderful family, in recognition for her tremendous patience; strength of character and her ability to hold our family together without even a smidgen of superglue. She always makes a difference and that’s why we love her so much.

Three people who have made a difference to my life in 2009
My dentist, Annette receives the OPW (order of the pearly whites) for her magnificent work on repairing my chipped front teeth and giving me my smile back.

My great friend, KN, receives a SNP (seriously nice person) award for just being the best and most genuine friend a girl could have. He’s a good listener and has given me lots of reasons to smile this year.

My new hairdresser Eva, receives a SB (sheer brilliance) award for rescuing my locks from dull, lifeless mediocrity. For attempting to change my luster-lacking, greenie, gold hair into a shining, glossy, brunette bob!

One 'ordinary person' award
I’m awarding the ODG (order of the diamond geezer) to the very nice man on the platform at New Street Station. He is what you might call the opposite of a job’s worth. I met a few helpful people that day when I was trying to get to Birmingham following ‘an incident’ on the track. This very kind man phoned to make sure that my ticket would be accepted on my journey home. The reason I know that is when the guard on the train told me he’d received a call. How cool is that?!

And my life wouldn’t be complete without my great friends, including Ginger, Fiona, Amanda, Lucy & Lisa, for loving me unconditionally, making me laugh and keeping me sane

The year was memorable for lots of other reasons so my Best Merit Awards go to…

Best Airport – Bezier in the South of France, where the guy checking passports as we arrived was the same guy who was checking in passengers for the next flight. All air travel should be that easy.

Best Picnic – at Longleat with my big group of fabulous friends. The picnic was well orchestrated, the animals were wild and the ride on the boat to Gorilla island was very entertaining. And we wouldn’t have got there but for Lisa who calmly and masterfully, drove the bus!

Best Day Out – to Fi & Rob for inviting me to a fabulous 1940’s day out on Kidderminster & Bridgnorth trains. The sun shone and it was one of my most favourite days of 2009.

Best Lunch - to Quayles at Tetbury for giving me the best lunchtime experiences of 2009. Best lunch has to be butterfly garlic prawns, a glass of Rose and a homemade chocolate brownie.

Best Invite – goes to the girls on Hucklow scrapping group for inviting me to be an honorary member of their group, just for the weekend. Fab people, fab scrapping and so much fun that we’re going to do with twice in 2010!

Best Spa - to the One Spa, Edinburgh for the most amazing spa experience of 2009. The outdoor Jacuzzi is worth a wonder to behold, the girls are lovely and it’s just one of those special places to chill.

Best Adventure – Art Basel in Switzerland, for the art, the rooftop party and to being inspired. Scope was definitely the best exhibition and I just love being challenged by what others consider as ‘art’.

ps And I get an SGA award for being the biggest geek this side of the Cotswolds! I spent two whole hours yesterday learning how to make this awards badge by watching an illustrator tutorial on youtube! Super Geek Alert.. !

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments: