Sunday 10 January 2010

I succumbed.. and the scary 'H-word'

Truth be known.. I've been resisting the pressure (I don't have urges about anything sensible ;) to buy some 'suitable' footwear for bad weather conditions for as long as I can remember. But hey, as you can see I've succumbed... finally and triumphantly... ! These are my new walking boots and they are fantastic, I love them! They are toasty and warm to wear and most importantly, don't slip or slide on the ice. And they were half price in Jones's sale so my £125 boots are also the bargain of the year!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm definitely not a mountain goat. I wasn't built for speed unless it's in a vehicle of some kind and I don't own a pair of walking boots,. Okay... I don't even have a pair of wellies ;) I enjoy the outdoors as much as the next person but going for a 'hike' (even the word makes me flinch!) isn't on the top of my 100 things to do this week.. year.. my lifetime! The H-word conjours up images of items that don't appear in my wardrobe. I'm a girly, girl after all and 9 out of 10 girly, girls when asked said they preferred a pair of heels and comfy slippers to H-boots!

The 'H-word' has given me some food for thought. Whenever we made a decision about something we like or dislike, for me anyway, there's always the possibility of another option. I never say 'never' ;-) because I don't close or slam doors but prefer to let them close very slowly as I walk away or I leave them slightly ajar. Let's say if someone said, I've booked you onto the next flight and we (as in a significant other) are going to walk the Great Wall of China that would be very different. That would be an adventure and I'd like that. I can do a lot of the things I want to do in my life on my tod but walking alone isn't one of them. So my new walking boots will be sticking to the familiar paths for the moment until another door opens and I succumb to a totally different challenge!

No comments: