Sunday 17 January 2010

Holmes and homes...

Tonight I'm back home and the snow and ice has gone - yippee! I've been away for almost two weeks and had a ball! This weekend has been the best. It started on Friday evening when me and my new bf walked into town and had a meal in the Royal Wells, then went to see Sherlock Holmes. Not as explosive and powerful as Avatar and not scary like Daybreakers, it was just ok. Some of the action scenes were good but it lacked a strong storyline. Thank goodness for the brilliant chemistry between Jude Law as Watson and Downey Jr as Holmes. Saturday was a lazy, catch up day with a bit of food shopping and cooking for the girls. Today me and Lisa went off to the White Hart pub in Winchcombe for Sunday lunch. It's a great place to have a drink as long as you're not driving. The back room is stocked with wine with luscious labels that say fun things like 'A luscious white with hunks of honey' and 'A typical sauvignon.. lively, limey notes with lashings of mouth filling, cheek tickling gooseberry ripple'.. ;-)))) The food was delicious and it was the perfect end to a lovely weekend.
Coming home, I've had an epiphany!± It's a bit chilly here at the flat because the heating's been on low whilst I've been away. I remember Liz telling me I should have the heater I bought her when she lived in her flat in Tettenhall. So, I went in search and low and behold, I found it! I'm now getting toasty.. ;)

No comments: