Thursday 24 December 2009

24 little parcels of friendship...

I remember the days when advent calendars were made up of little flaps with pretty pictures behind them. The BIG day was always the biggest window and behind it would be a picture of the stable at Bethlehem. When I was little I had a lovely festive advent calendar which was covered in glitter to make it sparkle. Over the years there have been chocolate ones, boring ones, festive ones and some years, none at all. This year I had a very special gift for Christmas. Ginger made me a special advent calendar box. She cut and folded the stacking boxes and handmade every single one of the 24 triangular shaped little parcels. She even filled them with my favourite butterscotch sweeties, Werthers Originals! She knows me too well..

ps I'd just like to say 'thank you' for not putting a jelly bean surprise in each one! We've played that game before and it's yuk when you're left with a handful of the ones you love to hate!

No comments: