Sunday 6 December 2009

Clothes Show Live...

Friday was Clothes Show Live day! I'd stayed at Fiona's overnight so it was a hop, skip and a jump over to the NEC because the show started at 10am. Allowing plenty of time for traffic, I actually arrived around 9am and managed to slip into one of the exhibitors car parks then into the show using my complimentary ticket - woo hoo! The show is massive though there's a lot of market trader style stands for the under 16's with lots of money and far less style or sense. The best part was definitely the fashion show which was pretty spectacular. The sets were stunning and if you were expecting entertainment, you weren't disappointed. It was loud, it was colourful, it was edgy so I'm sure it will be a big hit. I was expecting more fashion and waiting for the big dresses to come onto the catwalk. I wanted to see the festive, party ball gowns, the outrageous, the frivolous and the amazing WOW factor dresses... But, perhaps it's the age of the audience that meant the show was more about the spectacle. the music and the entertainment, than the fashion. It was however, very enjoyable and a great experience.




No comments: