Thursday 17 December 2009

Just like Cinderella..

Last year I missed the work's Christmas party due to a bump on the head. This year, even with the recession and all the problems that it is creating for us, Thursday evening was the time to let our hair down and party! Generosity is one of those characteristics that isn't mentioned until you feel someone isn't being very generous. It doesn't have to be about money either because generosity of spirit counts too. It's been a tough year for the company which is why I think this year's Christmas party meant more to everyone than it has ever before. With a freeze on everything and money very tight, it was a very generous gesture and one that confirms my belief that this is still a great company to work for.
The black and white themed venue worked, the food was interesting and adequate and six drinks each was definitely more than I needed! There was plenty of dancing which I always enjoy. It was actually much better without partners too and I can vouch for the fact that partners and work 'dos' really don't mix! It's been such a busy year that I've been guilty of not making time for some people in the office so it was lovely to be able to catch up over a drink. Work needs to have a strong social element, I think, in order for us to retain our personable image. I like working for a company that is people focussed and it was great to be able to celebrate with everyone just for one night. There was the usual rowdie bunch who had obviously made full use of their six free drink tokens! The funny ones who, after the first wiff of alcohol, decide to declare their undying love! The crazy ones who try to persuade you to get the FD onto the dance floor using your feather boa - just because you did once before! There were going to be more than just a few sore head the next morning! Not mine though.. just like Cinderella, I was tucked up in bed before midnight ;-)

No comments: