Sunday 27 December 2009

The way to a girl's heart...

It's a fact that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. The way to a girl's heart is just as simple. A box of chocolates.. yes, hand-chosen from Green & Blacks, my favourite. Wine, yes of course, it has to be Sancerre because that's one of my favourites.. and then this girl always loves flowers.. two bunches! This man is keen.. ! I think being single means I manage my expectations of men reasonably well. They rarely surprise and exceed my expectations but tonight, this one did and I was loving it. All girls like to be treated like a princess and being showered with gifts, particularly surprise ones, is just a great feeling. It seems so simple but so many men just don't get it. Girls love to be pampered, treated like a princess by a gentleman. It's the little signs of affection, the attention to detail and just politeness that makes a difference. I'd have to say, it's a forgotton art and one that I miss. Things are looking up...
I met Nick today.. woo hoo... and we had a lovely Sunday lunch at the Langton. Lots of chatting, lots of smiling and lots of positive vibes. He was attentive, charming and the time just flew by. I'm usually a 'slow burner' now when it comes to men. That's not because I've had my fingers burnt, though I have been disappointed and let down by men.. oh yes! I don't carry grudges though. I just realise that the men I've had the longest and best relationships with have been ones that I never gave a second look to when we first met. They've been attractive to me, hey, otherwise I wouldn't have gone out with them... but, it's taken a while for them to capture my heart. But by golly, when they do.. it's like being hit by cupid's arrow and I fall fast and hard. Makes coming back from that love-thing tougher for me. But I'd still do it all over again.. there's no better feeling than being in love.. just as long as the object of your affection loves you back!
Don't you just love a man with a sexy voice? A man can be as dishy as you please, as fit as 'a butcher's dog' but it's the voice that hooks me in. I think.. "Is this the voice I want to be woken up by at 3am ;) ?!" If it's wimpy, dull, too posh, slow or boring or I can't understand the accent - forget it! Don't you think that too many men love talking about themselves and you can feel yourself yawning..?! I love a man who asks me questions. It's a sign that he's interested in me and one that remembers the answers is good too! Thankfully, this man has a lovely voice, always asks me questions and knows how to treat me like a princess... woo hoo±! Hopeful bunny ;-) x

I'm back in the apartment now sitting watching 'Holiday' with Lisa, which is one of my favourite movies.. it's been a great day :-)))))))))))))))))))))))) x x x

No comments: