Tuesday 29 December 2009

3D specs, a space opera and chips!



Oh what a day! I've given up waiting for the snow to arrive. What are the weather men talking about? If I were that bad at my job, I'd have had the boot by now.. ! Big disappointment that there's no snow, particularly as it's been pouring with horrid, cold rain all day, but we've made the best of it. Me and Lisa went to Morans for soup and cake before rocking up at the cinema. This clever girl booked the tickets beforehand so we didn't have to stand in the queue, in the rain, we just went inside and I picked up the tickets from the machine. We met Dom and I queued for 3D specs to enhance our experience of the new Avatar movie. If you're considering going to see this movie, don't hesitate. It's 2 hours and 40 minutes of brilliance! I'm sure we all look a bit ridiculous sitting in cinema in our black 3D specs but believe me, it's well worth the embarrassment. The storyline is complex, the special effects awe inspiring. I am often guilty of dropping off during a long film but there was no chance of that happening this afternoon. The film was gripping, you could hear everyone catch their breath during some of the scenes. It's true that time goes quickly when you're enjoying yourself. This afternoon has raced by. So much so that when we came out, I was starving so whilst Lisa went to get chips, I sliced some of her homemade ham. I poached a couple of eggs to perfection - yum. The combination of good friends, a great movie and some comfort food has turned a disappointing day into a triumph!

No comments: