Sunday 20 December 2009

Cocktail Party Night...

Take 36, 40-somethings, add a more than ample dose of alcohol and what do you get... ?? a cracking cocktail party!! Heavily disguised wearing our LBDs and venetian masks, we bought a serious dose of festive spirit to Evelyn Road! There was plenty of food, lots of laughter and more dancing.. ! I managed the Kia Royale and the Winter Pimms though started to fade when I got to the Cosmopolitan round.. and there were still three more cocktails to go! Highlight was the coronation chicken followed closely by the homemade trifle with the marscapone and vanilla custard topping! Thankfully, I had space for dinner because me and Rob had a very light lunch at Morans and although he had to have the last slice of the stickiest chocolate cornflake challenge, I was very good and only had a very small cookie, how good am I?! The secret to not putting on weight this holiday is to have smaller portions which in turn will mean a smaller stomach.. ! That's the theory anyway.. ;-) x

No comments: