Wednesday 16 December 2009

Ladies who do lunch club...

Oh, today's culinary adventure was an absolute treat; lunch with 73 other women at Lower Slaughter Manor. I do love Christmas dinner and enjoy fitting in as many as possible during the month of December. It's the kind of food that I don't really bother about the rest of the year but crave before the actual day. And of course, I missed out on Christmas lunch last year so I have some catching up to do. Today's lunch was beautifully presented and every mouthful was delicious. I went with a couple of friends, Dom and Lisa, and we shared a table with 6 other women who are also great friends. They meet and play bridge, go on cruises, attend lunches and go shopping together. Three married, two widowed and one partridge in a pear tree, who is divorced :) None of them work.. so guess who felt the odd one out! Lunch was fabulous, the Manor is stunning and I do remember going a few years ago so it was lovely to go back! Hopefully, I'll find a reason to return there very soon because it's really a very special place ;-)

No comments: