Thursday 3 December 2009

Little brown eggs and BIG mini moments..

It's always lovely to be given free food and by that I mean, something unexpected. Sometimes it's garlic bread, often it's bread and olives, very occasionally it's something the chef has dreamed up that morning that you'd rather he hadn't! Today it was quayles eggs. Not one, but three tiny softly hard boiled eggs with a tiny dish of celery salt. Oh my word, what a revelation. Smaller than you're average chuckie egg, these small mottled brown eggs were deliciously tasty and the perfect pre-amble before my main course. It was only lunch but I couldn't resist trying their filled pancakes. One with ricotta cheese, the other with a cheese and ham sauce, which were served in a homemade tomato sauce - YUM!

Tuesday was a happy day. I had my car serviced and got seduced by the new Mini Camden. OMG, what a stunningly, beautiful car. Sadly, not on my wish list at the moment because it's v expensive. But, as it doesn't have a soft top (well the one in the dealership didn't) then it wouldn't be perfect for me anyway. Nice interior, beautiful styling, mmm

No comments: