Saturday 21 March 2009

Revisiting old haunts...

To some this is just a street. To me, this is where I used to work. I really like Bath for lots of different reasons. The city has is a real mix of style, culture and people making it an interesting place for a mini adventure. More up-market than Cheltenham, more painful to park! More tourists and less stickiness really and by that I mean it's not got the continuous appeal that Cheltenham has for me. The buildings are lovely and there are lots of tiny shops to mooch about in on a warm Spring day.
I went to see Richard first in the gallery. Nothing on the walls, everything on the floor waiting to be displayed again following his trip to London. I went to visit Kerry for a cup of tea before going to have some yummy soup in the cheese shop. I remember the cheese shop from when I used to work in Walcot street. It made the most delicious cheese and pickle sandwiches and from what I saw today, it still does! One of my favourite shops had everything that a cook could ever want or need. From cheese graters to lemon zesters, there was even a gadget to hold the cheese so you didn't grate your fingers at the same time! I managed to resist temptation in all forms and came home with a piece of tuna from Fishworks! x

No comments: