Sunday 15 March 2009

WOW.. what a fantastic day!

Here's the calm and quiet street before the start of the Bath half marathon! I drove down and abandoned my car somewhere high up a hill. Most of Bath is hilly and permit parking and with the volume of traffic I just found a space and decided to walk. I forget how beautiful Bath really is. The buildings are very elegant and 'very me'.. being built in curves and circles. It was lovely to walk into town and although I had to stand for over an hour before the first runner appeared, it was really great to watch the streets fill up with lots of excited spectators.
Here is one serious runner - the very first!
And here he is lapping the tail end of the runners who had only just started ;-) ouch.. 13.1 miles... double-ouch!
If you're going to run and let's face it, most of the runners run to raise money for charity, then why not dress up?! They certainly got the most cheers! There were furry animals, fairies, cartoon characters and here's the dynamic duo, Batman & Robin going through their paces.

No comments: