Wednesday 25 March 2009

A roller coaster of a day...

Just when you think life is pretty settled and calm, you find you have to swerve to avoid an obstacle! You have no idea what I'm talking about, but let's just say I am describing the highs and lows of a single day. I love my life and the fact that you have some control but can't control it all of the time just makes it exciting. After all, life would be terribly dull if we had complete control. On odd occasions, life throws you a curved ball. It's the kind of day when I wish I could duck and become invisible, just like I was last night. Sadly, I can't and if I'm honest, facing up to life's challenges is all part of the journey. It's what makes us who we are and it's always the hard, chewy bits that count for more when the chips are down. Coming face to face with an old flame today that had thankfully been well and truly extinguished a long time ago was weird to say the least. Having to sit in meeting and then at lunch was positively cruel. But learning to deal with ones demons is an important lesson and one which I'm actually particularly good at. Okay, I did have a Bridget Jones moment in the kitchen which must have been amusing for the guy on the 8th floor who came in whilst I was gazing into space pulling a face! The devil in me wanted to shout rude things and behave badly but there's always an angel in my case who was heard to say in a very quiet voice.. 'Hey, look what he could have won!'. I'm also good at 'doing the right thing' and as E is my middle name then I was efficient, exceptionally polite and as always.. extraordinary!
After the day I'd had, it was great to get home this evening and discover two parcels. A little bird told me about the one and inside the other was a little bird. My owl had arrived to help me tot up the cost of my 'usage'!! More on that another time. The other was just what I needed to stop me feeling grumpy and put that smile back on my face. I couldn't help but smile as soon as I opened the enormous box, what bonkers packaging. It wasn't a bonkers gift though but a lovely set of drawers from lovely Liz for my Mother's Day gift. And my son Rich called me today, which was fab. So in the end, the supergood outweighed the superbad and if you know anyone who'd like a ride on that roller coaster, they can have my ticket because I just got oFF! x

No comments: