Friday 27 March 2009

We are family... !

That's me, Jess, Nathan, Humph, Hubert, a Sumo Wrestler and the Karate Princess!... not forgetting Luscious Lucy and the Adorable Andy without whom this family wouldn't exist! I'm in Devon and the reason I know that because as you drive down the M5, there's a big sign to say "Welcome to Devon". I always get lost in Exeter and true to form, I did exactly that yesterday trying to find Lucy. I managed to get here in time though to walk to pick her little people up from school - that takes me back a long, long way! We had tea and biscuits and watched 'Boomerang' children's tv - fantastic! I was so well looked after. The little people put a book beside my bed for me to read, a plastic cup in case I needed a drink in the night and I was joined in bed by Humph the purple elephant! "Mummy put a hot water bottle in bed for you" said Jess, who is 7. She also said "Mummy always does nice things for visitors. She doesn't do nice things for us. Well, she does in the winter!" Anyway, we've done our spellings, I've been read to and I've also been taught a magic card trick! I like family life.. x

No comments: