Monday 2 May 2011

My Joyous Jazz Monday


Today I was truly humbled by the talent of these guys. Firstly I sat in on a conversation with Jamie Cullum. Not only massively talented musically, he is also a very decent, nice chap! His manner is one of great dignity and for one so young, he is so mature. I could really listen to him chat all day long. He is an intelligent soul with a great passion for music. I liked his honesty and his acceptance that he's not the best pianist technically, particularily when it comes to reading music, but his natural ability and talent make his success even more admirable. He has all the charm you'd want in a son-in-law, all the talent you'd love in a son and the wisdom to be able to speak knowledgeably and naturally as if he were 71, not 31. I came to the Literary Festival, not last year but I think the year before to listen to his wife, Sophie Dahl. She too was delightful, engaging and someone you could spend hours listening to without ever getting bored. What a great family.. +1!


Lucinda Belle.. what a girl! 

No comments: