Saturday 14 May 2011

This week's big adventure...








I'm sitting having a cup of tea on a ferry, the Caledonian MacBrayne, between the Scottish mainland & the island of Islay. I'm not a fan of ferries so I'm wearing my wrist travel bands & have taken my sea sickness pill - so far so good! This was the bit of the journey I wasn't looking forward to & although it's pretty windy outside, it's not a bad crossing so the hour & 50 minutes is passing reasonably quickly. I do feel like I'm in another world. I haven't been on a ferry for years & I'm usually heading south so this is a new experience being here in Scotland.
Last night I was staying near Lockerbie in a beautiful old Scottish guest house. It's lovely to sample some real Scottish hospitality. I'm looking forward to continuing with a whiskey sampling session (hoping it will prove to me that whiskey is a decent tipple!) when we arrive at our B&B later this evening. XX XX

No comments: