Friday 6 May 2011

One thousand, three hundred and ninety eight minutes...


On days like today, I feel so elated about the world. I’m so proud of my new mag and even more so about the lovely people I work with. Not everyone can say they have a dream job – I don’t all the time but today I can honestly say that.
I feel like I’m on a 24-hour challenge. I have a folder of pages to check, work emails popping into my inbox and the sunny day is calling me to stop and chill. I’m like one of those caged birds just merrily singing because I’m happy with my lot but at the same time, not able to escape. It’s a good feeling though. When I finally get to the top of this mountain I’ll look over the horizon and there will be a sunset or something else to smile about.


Some days I marvel at what I can achieve. Today has been a 24 carat marathon of a day. I’ve raced through page after page, juggled with my inbox and have finally got some sense out of Direct Line – woo hoo! I feel like I’ve got 200% more energy than I did at the start of the week. Work has fed me for four full days and I feel happy. Sad you might say but everyone has their passions – I’m sure you have yours – and being creative is one of my absolute favourites. When I’m creating new things I’m the most like me as you can get. Yesterday evening I went out with luscious Lisa and I felt like me. Sometimes I feel ‘under par’ and can’t be myself. Last night I was my very usual chirpy self and I loved it! I’ve dispelled the myth that drink makes me tired and slows me down. ON the contrary, last night I had at least one glass of lovely champers and a glass of wine and today I’m bouncing with bubbles. I’m in my own space, which I love, with me, who I quite like too, and doing what come naturally – BEING CREATIVE - it can’t get much better than that!

No comments: